us

April 24, 2008

I've seen so many cute painted peg folks out there I had to try my hand at painting us. I'm so amused with these-so is Keely. I hope to make our extended family to add to the collection too.
Look! It's us in the big city. Yeah, we bring out pets with us. heh. Keely and I made different backgrounds for them yesterday. It was entertaining.
(I changed Milo's clothes because while the bib says, "Hey I'm a baby." Milo doesn't wear bibs yet, so the little button-up outfit was more him. And yes, it does really matter. Uh hum.)

Later in the weekend the peg hubby and I got away to Paris

*The pegs can be bought at Michael’s. I think 2 for a dollar. I ordered mine online though. They are cheaper by the bag fulls. There are plenty of unfinished wood craft parts supply stores online. I just used cheap craft paint and tiny brushes for the painting. I'm hoping to find some non-toxic varnish to coat them with next.

Filed under: stuff i've made

18 Comments Leave a Comment

• 1. lera  |  April 24, 2008 at 10:48 am

Cute, Angela.

(You know, when we go out in public, people always ask if my kids are all mine. As if I’d take the neighboorhood with me or something.)

• 2. laeroport  |  April 24, 2008 at 1:42 pm

They were cute by themselves, but with the backdrop? AAAACCCCKKKK!

• 3. amy  |  April 24, 2008 at 2:36 pm

the backdrop is awesome!!!

• 4. amy  |  April 24, 2008 at 2:37 pm

ok, obviously, so are your peg people :) that went without saying :)

• 5. Crystal  |  April 24, 2008 at 4:31 pm

Super cute. Must do this as well. :)

• 6. debbie  |  April 25, 2008 at 1:07 pm

Hi,
    Your peg family is cute as can be.
    I’m a preschool teacher and I know my little ones would love to have one of all of us in the class. They would be a terrific resource for creative play.
    Can you please send me a link or provide any information on where you ordered your supplies? Did you paint them or use fabric bits as well.
    Debbie

• 7. Jody  |  April 28, 2008 at 12:25 pm

So-o-o-o cute! I love that you made your own little family. Such a great idea. And, the backdrop is such a great touch. Such fun! Thanks for sharing.

• 8. brit  |  May 7, 2008 at 4:50 pm

Awesome? LIke debbie I want to know where you came by such cute peg people, we’ve had luck at the thrift stores but what is your secret?

• 9. Angie @ Many Little Blessings  |  May 9, 2008 at 9:09 am

Oh my! These are SO cute! Love the background too!!!

• 10. Kimmie  |  May 12, 2008 at 5:27 pm

What a fun craft. I had seen them made with clothes pins, but never with pegs. I bet my wee ones would love this!

thanks for sharing your fun!

Kimmie
    mama to 6
    one homemade and 5 adopted

• 11. Gina  |  May 12, 2008 at 10:14 pm

Best non-toxic varnish ever: Shellac! I found out about it when I was trying to safely coat some wooden spoons I painted. It’s not just safe, it’s actually considered edible. Comes from bugs. Now I use it on everything my kids might touch (3 yo) or chew on (11 mo).

Glad I found your blog and I am so going to make some peg people to live at my house!

• 12. Melissa  |  May 13, 2008 at 1:06 pm

Love them! I’m definitely making a family for my daughter. Thanks for the inspiration!

• 13. Skip To My Lou » Gi&hellip  |  September 10, 2008 at 8:07 am

[...] or painted peg people [...]

• 14. JennyW  |  October 3, 2008 at 1:04 am

Where did you find the pegs to paint? Those are so cute! Great shapes for people.

• 15. Meagan  |  December 12, 2008 at 3:06 pm

Just use Modge Podge. It does basically the same thing and it is a lot easier!

• 16. Jedda  |  February 20, 2009 at 12:31 am

oooh la la. I will be joining in all this FUN! Thanks for sharing!

• 17. KidStyleFile » Blog&hellip  |  December 10, 2009 at 6:34 pm

[...] 8 – Peg dolls are a popular kid-made choice and for good reason – they’re adorable! I love the idea of a peg doll family that looks like your own. Get the details at Colorfool. [...]

• 18. 25 Handmade Gifts for Tod&hellip  |  November 14, 2011 at 4:17 am

[...] Wooden Peg Doll Family – inspiration by ColorFool. What a sweet idea, to make a little doll family modeled after our own! I’ll try to make a Zora (dog) peg too. [...]